2.14.2006

it's like being married to my best friend, except she lets me touch her boobs

big news from the shillington house!

we're having a baby! it's true. yes, i know many of you will wonder how such a thing could be. let me assure you. if my wife were not pregnant, she would merely be quickly gaining belly fat, and that would be a bad thing. this is not a bad thing. she is pregnant. we are now in the twelfth week. yesterday karen had her first meeting with our midwife and she got to hear the heartbeat! amazing! this thing is the size of a lime, but it has a heartbeat and fingers and toes and is beginning to develop into a wee little boy or girl.

karen's been really sick so far, but the first trimester is almost over and she is starting to feel a little better. also the midwife gave her some meds that are supposed to help.

it's incredible! i'm really excited, but i also have those (as karen so eloquently described them) "oh, shit, what have we done!" moments. the sense of responsibility is beginning to set in already. we're due september 5.

11 comments:

matthew said...

congrats you 3! :)

Aaron Perry said...

congrats, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! Other exclamations!

The exact quote is actually "It's like being married to my best friend..." - Just so you know.

Oh, and you emailed me about doing the graphic for your site. Not sure how to set that up. I mean the graphic would be simple, but having it change automatically or whatever as your funds go up... I dunno.

Oh, and re: your previous post, re: jobs. My thought is that the whole electrician thing was just so out of the blue and random to begin with that I never thought it seemed like "you". Not that that's a bad carreer choice, it just doesn't seem like something you ever particularily wanted to do. My advise: find something you enjoy doing that can make you some money. Or go back into ministry. Hey, you could even come to Japan with me. They like white babies.

Love you, man. Keep in touch.

Robin said...

PS - that was me, above. Not logged in.

b.rando said...

thanks all.

whitey, thanks also for the correction on the quote. i tried to find it (oh, how i waste time online) on several sites but none of them had it.

Jo said...

how nice! :)

Mommy of Four said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Parenthood (& pregnancy) are a challenge sometimes, but well worth it all! I'm so excited for you!

Erskine said...

This is awesome news; I only wish I were creative enough to congratulate you in a new way!! Congrats nonetheless!

If your belly starts growing along with Karen's, yours is fat. Just so you know.

Unknown said...

Brando,

Found your blog and was thrilled to see you guys are prego!! How wonderfully exciting! You will be a great dad!

Hope the wife is feeling better!! We will be tracking your 'ticker' to see the progress!!

Andrew & Kristi Benson

Sween said...

Dude, that's neat! I'll bet it's freaky, only in a good way

Rachael said...

Super Duper stuff Brandon!!! I think just about all the BBC grads who got married are having or have had kids now??? I'm starting to feel very old, ha.