7.14.2005

holidays

this week i took off for a week of holidays and much needed rest. we just returned from visiting with my aunt and uncle (and cousin) in pennsylvania. we had a good time seeing some of the amish culture in lancaster and taking in the Ruth play at sights and sounds theatre.

today we are heading to lake simcoe for some camping. this will be karen and my first camping trip together, and her first trip for more than one night. and the weather forecast says possible rain, so i'm a little nervous. i'm praying for sunny days.

3 comments:

Angela said...

That's awesome you got to go to Sights and Sounds. We really want to go there some time when we visit Aunt Faye, too. Have fun camping! I will pray for good weather for you. I know what that means...Morgan and I still haven't taken a camping trip together (tenting)...I'm trying to get him to go to Valdez with me this summer. Angel is there, and remember the gorgeous waterfalls on the way? It's just so busy. Hopefully we will, though! We have Bear Paw Festival this weekend, and I am in charge of our church booth, as well as we also have friends staying with us this weekend from Seward. They're on their way back home to Wyoming. Happy Anniversary from both of us! Tell Karen hi. We love and miss you guys.

Heather Durkee said...

I have heard so many great things about sight and sound. Adam saw Daniel there on testify tour. I was suppose to go when I was interning in NY, but it fell through. Camping in the rain is fun. It made great memories for Adam and I. We were at Cape Breton National Park and we said, worse gets to worse, at least we can sleep in our car! We still laugh about it. But afterall, I was a camper so it was no big deal. Enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous said...

What is going down Brando! I miss you man. It has been an eternity. I am still alive and doing well. I hope you are doing well. I am so far out of the loop I didn't even know you were married! Ok, I won't comment forever. Shoot me a line sometime.
www.newarknaz.org