11.07.2005

God help me...

i read some postings by scott williams that i came across via caleb. wow. he is an ex-pastor commenting on some observations about pastors. i only have three years experience working as a pastor, but four years of bible college on top of that, and a lifetime of being a pk church rat to throw in as well. most of what he said hit home with me. and it hurt...in an exposing, healing kind of way.

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
finale

God help me to learn these lessons now while i have the opportunity to live in the real world.

3 comments:

matthew said...

hey brandon

thanks for the links, i enjoyed his thoughts.

Aaron Perry said...

i was only a little offended at being deleted. you did it in a funny way. i actually thought it was kind of a funny post. ah well. you lose some, you lose some.

Rachael said...

Loved the links. I got my bro to read them too. He really enjoyed them as well. "sigh" I still can't help but be a bit cynical though...I mean is the church going to be able to change and survive the culture? Can I sit through one more 40min irrelevant sermon? Thank you God that you are there anyways despite it all..but can you help me with my attention span??..