11.24.2005

ode to employment

after two months unemployed batty was i
dishes lay waiting while the laundry dried
useless at housework compared to my wife
who does in one hour what i did in five

at last prayers were answered, an offer was mine
and now upon rooftops i carry and climb
my body is sore; my muscles are weak
my feet want to lay on their backs for a week

but i wait for tomorrow, for it will bring pay
the reason i labour and toil all day
although there is one more reason i find
doing dishes and laundry all day bites

that was a terrible poem, my apologies for wasting the past three minutes of your life. but it was fun to write. anyway, it's good to have work, but i'm tired out. supposedly after a couple weeks my body will get used to it. and maybe it will help me get into better shape. it's a temporary job, so i'll be looking again in january or february, depending on how the winter weather is. i have an idea for then that karen and i have been praying about...more on that another time.

4 comments:

Robin said...

It didn't take quite three minutes to read...

Jo said...

it (the poem) was kinda funny.

Erskine said...

You're a temp
Who's getting all buff
On a roof
Or carrying stuff.

If your wife
Is active as mine,
I can see
Your house is just fine.

Keep it up
On top of your town
When you're up
Or climbing back down.

Okay, mine's no better, but I thought I'd post here. I haven't in awhile.

Rachael said...

This is great...haha. Go with the flow Brandon, and I hope all things will work out according to God's plan for YOU. :) Blessings!