12.22.2005

christmas

well, i haven't posted in a while... work has been keeping me busy and tired. but now i'm done for the year! saturday karen and i leave to celebrate christmas with her family in ft. erie, then sunday we fly to alaska to spend ten days with my family. we leave from toronto at 5:30 christmas day. i'm really looking forward to spending some time with them.

when i return, i need to get working on the next phase for me work-wise. the roofing thing will only have a couple more weeks worth before it will be done for the winter. i am looking into finding an apprenticeship to become an electrician. i have a contact with a guy here in kingston, and i need to put together a resume and meet with him when we get back in the new year. pray for me...not sure if i'll meet up to the requirements or not! i'm both excited and nervous about this idea. it takes four to five years of apprenticeship and schooling before i will be able to get my ticket as a licenced electrician. i'm nervous because it is another step into the new and unknown, but excited because it is a goal, forward movement, and seems to be the direction God is leading me. it is good to have some direction in my life again. the past months have felt very directionless and that has been frustrating for both karen and myself.

anyway, that's the latest. have a merry christmas all!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yay for direction! Happy Christmas. Enjoy the time off. I'm taking a week off myself and I'm pretty stoked about that.

Kate Patterson said...

Merry Christmas brandon and Karen! have a wonderful time in Alaska!

Jo said...

brandon, pretty soon the blog world will have to dub you "geoff hooper" for want of your sparse postings!