12.04.2005

my dad

my dad flew down from alaska a week ago from last friday to visit my grandparents here in kingston, who haven't been doing very well physically. he was here for about a week and flew back to alaska last thursday. it was really nice to be able to visit with him again. while he was here karen and i finally found out that i was clear with my job for us to go to alaska for christmas, so we bought tickets last tuesday. we fly out on christmas day from toronto and return january 5. we are very excited to see my family again. we haven't had a christmas with all of us together for a few years, and it will be nice to see where they are all living. karen's a bit nervous about the cold, but according to my dad, it's comparable to the weather in ottawa, so that's not too bad. i'm looking forward to a christmas with a good winter again...snow flocking the trees and all that. kingston gets too much freezing rain in the winter.

2 comments:

Angela said...

You would think I would know these things, but Brandon, I just found out you were coming when I talked to Karen last night! You have no idea how excited I have been.
I think now everybody knows that "my brother is coming!"

Can't wait!

b.rando said...

well, we just bought the tickets last week so you didn't find out much later than should be expected.

be excited. be very excited.