3.30.2005

a little help from my friends

okay, i have an idea for a song, so i thought i'd post what i have so far and get some imput. the basic concept is a song dealing with the struggle of dying to self. i'm calling it slow suicide. (apologies in advance if some find this offensive due to past experiences)

one day i opened the knocking door to find you there
o joyous rapture sweet, the sunlight on your hair
then you came into my house and you started to tear it apart

slow suicide
dying every day a little bit more
it's an upside down surprise
the only way to life - through this darkened door

paradox is the only way this seems to be
inside out and my imperfections screaming at me
watcha gonna do, where you gonna turn, is this the only way?

slow suicide
dying every day a little bit more
it's an upside down surprise
the only way to life - through this darkened door

that's all i have so far. if you have any suggestions please give them. on the theological accuracy, on the emotional tension, on the rhyme. anything. like it, hate it. let me know.

2 comments:

theajthomas said...

I can never judge lyrics until I hear them with the music but the basic idea of slow suicide is cool. I like the implied desperation.

b.rando said...

thanks aj. yeah, i wish i could add the music on here. i'm not all the way caught up with technology yet. it's a mid-range rock feel.

i added a bridge...

soon i will see, one day i'll know
the only way to live is first to lose my own